No Mezze is complete without this easy, 7 ingredient hummus recipe! Velvety and rich, this is a go-to classic dip for corn chips and crudités or slathering wraps and sandwiches.
And, no turkeys were harmed in the making of this hummus, it’s 100% plant based. Turkey Tail mushroom gets its name because of its uncanny resemblance to turkey feathers.
This ‘shroom is rich in bioactive compounds polysaccharides and polysaccharide-peptides. Krestin and Polysaccharide Peptide are two types of polysaccharopeptides found in Turkey Tails, which possess powerful immune-boosting properties.
- 1 can of chickpeas or boil your own fresh chickpeas
- 2 large tablespoons of unhulled tahini
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 teaspoons of Zoi Turkey Tail Mushroom Powder
- 3 pinches of salt
- 1 cup of water
- In a food processor add the tahini, salt and garlic and spin for 20 seconds
- Add the chickpeas and Zoi Turkey Tail Mushroom Powder and spin for another 10 seconds
- Add ½ cup of water and start processing, add the water until you reach the desired consistency, add more water if required
Add turmeric for a bright yellow colour and twist on flavour!
Keeps for 6 days in the fridge.